New Orleans Hurricane Damage Lawyers
Over 35 Years of Combined Experience Handling Complex Litigation
Were you affected by a hurricane? Do you need assistance with your property damage or insurance claim? The New Orleans hurricane damage attorneys at Hammond Law Firm, LLC have handled thousands of hurricane insurance claim disputes and have helped their clients take on every major insurance company.
Our attorneys are recognized as leading insurance claims lawyers. We can help you with your claim or insurance dispute, no matter how complex. If you are having trouble collecting the compensation you are entitled to, reach out to our legal team for a free consultation. We accept claims on a limited basis, so we encourage you to contact us at your earliest convenience.
How We Can Help
Every year in Louisiana, hurricanes result in millions if not billions of dollars in insurance claims. Unfortunately, insurance companies do not always honor their contracts.
As a policy holder, you are entitled to receive compensation for property damage and other losses. If you are having trouble recovering this compensation or your insurance company has denied your rightful claim, Hammond Law Firm, LLC can help.
We assist clients with hurricane damage claims and issues involving:
- Homeowners property damage claims
Additional living expenses
Commercial property damage claims
Business interruption and extra expense
Bad Faith claims against insurers who fail to properly pay claims
Insurance agent malpractice, errors and omissions
Our attorneys are authorities on hurricane insurance claims. If you have paid your premium, you owe it to yourself to ensure that your claim is paid in full. Hammond Law Firm, LLC can help you go over your policy and determine the amount you are owed. With more than three decades of combined legal experience, our attorneys are prepared to aggressively advocate for you and your right to fair compensation.
How to Avoid Your Hurricane Property Damage Insurance Benefits from Being Denied
Property insurance generally covers damage to covered property, such as homes and businesses, for hurricane damage caused by wind and rain but not by flooding. Keep in mind that what is covered is subject to the exclusions and conditions of your insurance policy.
If your home or business is damaged by a hurricane, do the following when filing your property insurance claim:
- Double check your insurance policy to determine what coverage you have and to make sure you are familiar with any hurricane deductible that applies to your specific insurance policy.
- Notify your insurance company immediately, preferably in writing, of the damage to your property. The notice should include information such as the location, date, and time of the loss, the policy holder’s name and contact information, and a brief description of the loss.
- Prepare an inventory of any damaged or destroyed items and structures. Take photos of the damage from as many angles as possible.
- Go through your property with the claim’s adjuster your insurance company sends so you can make sure they are aware of the full extent of your losses. You may also want to consider hiring your own independent adjuster to make an unbiased assessment of the damages.
- Keep copies of everything related to your case, including documents you send to your insurance company,
- Reach out to a local hurricane damage claims lawyer in your area to discuss your legal rights and options during a free consultation.
Contact Us Now for a Free Consultation
It is important that you act quickly so that you can begin rebuilding your life. At Hammond Law Firm, LLC, we understand that the process of filing a claim or appealing a rejected claim can be complex; our legal team is here to provide you with the clear, straightforward counsel and zealous representation you need. We have successfully recovered millions of dollars on behalf of our clients. We know the common pitfalls that can occur with these types of cases—and we know how to avoid them. We are honored for the opportunity to assist our neighbors in need, helping them fight for the full, fair settlements and verdicts they deserve.