Commercial Property Damage Insurance Claims in New Orleans, LA
When a business endures critical property damage, the owner may feel the need to get their operations up and running again as soon as possible to make up for lost time. However, it is important for business owners to carefully consider their commercial property claims because they are complex. If they accept an offer from their insurance company without reviewing it thoroughly just to get back to business, they may be accepting an offer that is worth much less than they deserve.
A business owner can work with their attorney to ensure they receive as much compensation as they can within the terms of their insurance policy. The purpose of a commercial property insurance claim is to help bring a business recover from both property damage and lost profits. Having a thorough understanding of what commercial property insurance policies cover can help a business owner ensure they are getting the coverage their entitled to.
Most commercial property insurance policies offer coverage for:
- Property damage: This encompasses all the tangible losses a business might experience, such as damage to their buildings, equipment, inventory, and more.
- Business interruption: This coverage will help a business recoup income they lost while closed due to the damage and while repairs were being made. It helps a business reach the position they would have been in if the damage had not occurred. Specifically, this coverage can help with wages, taxes, the cost to relocate, loan payments, and more.
- Contingent business interruption: This coverage can help protect businesses against losses due to disruptions in their supply chain. If a supplier or vendor experiences a closure that prevents the business from receiving what they need, that business may be eligible for compensation.
- Extra expense: This will cover the expenses a business incurs while trying to return to operating as normal.
- Payroll coverage: This will help businesses afford to continue paying their employees in the aftermath of a catastrophe.
- Civil authority: This coverage provides benefits to businesses when they are not able to access their property because they are prohibited from doing so by a civil authority.
If you are a business owner who needs legal assistance with the commercial property insurance claim process, contact Hammond Law Firm, LLC today. Our firm has experience in a wide spectrum of legal issues and can help you complete your claim in a way that will get you as much compensation as you deserve. Legal representation can help you communicate with your insurance company as effectively as possible. Contact us today for a free consultation at (504) 586-3535 or through our online contact form.